Anyone familiar with Chris’s work knows how incredibly beautiful it is, and also knows its a very rare opportunity to get any type of instruction from him.
SO tattoo artists or illustrators alike here’s one of a few chances to get to learn illustration techniques from Chris at one of his workshops.
This class will be held in San Francisco Oct 23rd & 24th.
The topics covered will include:
· Design, sizing, layout, and placement
· Dynamic/emblematic figure arrangement and posing
· Achieving mood and drama with facial and physical expression
· Specific body parts and proportions (eyes, hands, breasts, legs, etc.)
· Facial angles and proportions
· Full-body angles and proportions
· Use of models and reference material
· Short-cuts, cheating, and ‘frankensteining’
· Use of symmetry, asymmetry, and ‘para-symmetry’
· Rendering hair and coiffure
· Costume, drapery, and ornament
· Female archetypes in tattoo design
· Use of shading and skintone
· Effect of scale on rendering
· Evolving your own personal style
· Interaction of foreground image with background or ‘garnishing’
· Concealing mistakes and errors
· Keeping the balance between detail and clarity
· Ensuring a sense of life and spirit in the design
Please visit : Secret City
For more information.